Federal Workers Compensation Doctors

Excellent OWPC Injury Care and Free Claims Assistance by experienced DOL doctors and OWCP experts. DON’T LOSE YOUR BENEFITS!

CALL (801) 997-8881

Request a Free DOL-OWCP Consultation

    How to Appeal a Denied CA-1

    If your CA-1 (Claim for Compensation) under the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs (OWCP forms) has been denied, you may appeal the decision. Here are general steps you can take to appeal a denied CA-1:

    Understand the Denial Reason:

    Review the denial letter to understand the specific reasons for the denial. This information will guide you in preparing your appeal.

    Consult with a Representative:

    Consider consulting with a workers’ compensation attorney or a representative experienced in federal workers’ compensation cases. They can provide guidance on the appeal process and help you build a strong case.

    File a Notice of Controversion (Form CA-104):

    The employer/insurance carrier may file a Notice of Controversion (Form CA-104) to contest your claim. If they haven’t, you may want to file one yourself to officially dispute the denial.

    Prepare a Written Statement:

    Write a detailed statement explaining why you believe your claim was wrongly denied. Include any relevant medical evidence, witness statements, or other documentation that supports your case.

    Obtain Additional Medical Evidence:

    If your denial is based on insufficient medical evidence, obtain additional documentation from your treating physician or specialists. Make sure the evidence clearly links your injury or condition to your work-related duties.

    Submit the Appeal:

    Submit your appeal, along with any supporting documents, to the OWCP district office that handled your claim. Be sure to include a copy of the original CA-1 form, the denial letter, and any other relevant correspondence.

    Request a Hearing:

    If the initial appeal doesn’t result in a favorable decision, you may request a formal hearing before an OWCP hearing representative. Follow the instructions provided by OWCP for requesting a hearing and submitting additional evidence.

    Keep Records:

    Maintain copies of all correspondence, forms, and documents related to your appeal. This includes emails, letters, medical records, and any other communication.

    Follow Up:

    Keep in regular contact with the OWCP district office to inquire about the status of your appeal. Be prepared to provide any additional information requested during the process.

    Consider Legal Assistance:

    If your appeal is unsuccessful, you may want to explore the possibility of pursuing your case further with legal assistance. An attorney experienced in federal workers’ compensation cases can advise you on the next steps, including appealing to the Employees’ Compensation Appeals Board (ECAB).

    Remember that the appeal process may vary, and it’s crucial to follow the specific procedures outlined by the OWCP. If in doubt, consider seeking legal advice to navigate the complexities of the workers’ compensation system effectively.

    Injured Working for the Federal Government?

    Request a Free Consultation

    Complete the simple form below to request a free consultation with an OWCP expert…